Her name is Alexandra Gélinas. She has a background in industrial design and applied sustainable development. Her passion for the environment, ceramic materials and the digital world has led her to create a design studio in her own image. Studio Minéral allows her to approach both manual and digital work in each of her ceramic projects. Combining traditional and technological know-how is the essence of the studio.
Ode to contemporary ceramics
Studio Minéral is a design workshop in Montreal (Quebec) specializing in the manufacture of ceramic products for the art of living in limited edition which is committed to:
- Combine traditional know-how and technologies for the greater good.
- Emphasis on craft and design as an ethos, regardless of trend,
- Shake up referents, broaden horizons: one ceramic object at a time.
- Explores multiple scopes of application that remain unexplored in the eld of ceramics.
- Update this incredible material old of thousands of years.
Photo credit: Alex Lesage