Braided Cotton Rope: Try to remove any stains as soon as you notice them. To remove oil or makeup stains, here is an effective procedure:
1. Immerse the entire necklace in cold water.
2. Then apply a few drops of degreasing dish soap (eg Dawn® original) and rub with a small brush in a circular fashion on the stains.
3. Soak in cold water with a few more drops of degreasing dish soap for 12 to 24 hours.
4. Remove from the water and brush off any remaining stains, if applicable.
5. Rinse thoroughly with cold water.
6. Air dry on a rack.
For more stubborn stains, apply laundry detergent and let sit for 15 minutes. Rub vigorously with a small brush in a circular fashion on the spots. Rinse thoroughly with cold water and air dry on a support. Note that oil-free eye makeup remover can also remove stains.
Despite all the tests done in the studio to ensure that the rope is fully washable some products may stain more than others! If this is your case write to us! We offer to replace the rope for free of charge and all the original ceramic parts are kept in the process. Transport costs are not included.
Hard porcelain piece: To remove oil stains from body or makeup, clean the piece with a soft damp cloth and degreasing dish soap (eg Dawn® original). For more stubborn stains, immerse the entire collar in vinegar for 24 hours, then wipe the surface with a cloth and rinse with water. Allow to air dry on a support.
- Avoid the use of bleach which could alter the color of the cotton cord.
- Avoid passing sharp or prickly objects on the surfaces of the product to avoid any scratches or breakage of the cord.
- Put your necklace in its original case for maximum protection when you take it on a trip. Otherwise, we recommend that you hang it up to prevent the rope from kinking.
- Put on the necklace around your neck after applying your makeup, perfume and / or sunscreens. This will greatly reduce the need to clean it.
- The braided cotton rope will become slightly softer over time making the product all the more pleasant as it ages.
- Dropping the product on a stone (marble, granite, etc.), ceramic or concrete surface could cause the porcelain pieces to break.
- See the FAQ section for the repair of ceramic parts.
Still have questions? Do not hesitate to write to us.